Even such giants as Google have recognized the effectiveness and power of a good knowledge base when it comes to helping their users. Your business is not an exception and can also win from using it. Yet, the articles of the Freshdesk knowledge base are the heart and soul of this tool and its success fully depends on them.
1. Choose the right topics for the articles on Freshdesk
The most important thing to remember is that your knowledge base on Freshdesk support center should deliver benefits to your customers by helping them resolve their issues, answering their questions about your product or service and getting something done. The logical beginning would be the FAQs section.
Try to put yourself into the shoes of your customers and imagine what questions and doubts related to the product or service might appear in their mind when they visit your website for the first time. Another hint would be to check support tickets on your Freshdesk support center and spot the most frequent issues that your users experience. Furthermore, the Google Analytics tool can also be of help to see what customers are searching for on your website. After doing all these steps you will have a much better idea of what needs to be addressed in the FAQs section.
2. Create a resourceful Freshdesk article
Before starting to create a new piece of content for your knowledge base on Freshdesk support center, try to think like your customers. They are looking for clear and simple solutions.
- Using effective titles and subheadings will draw the users’ attention. At the same time, you can phrase the title in the form of a question.
- Make sure that your workflow is concise and well structured. It should contain an effective introduction and conclusion. Using bullet points, tables or steps that customers can follow will contribute to the overall structure as well as to users’ experience.
- Using pictures and videos will help make the content more interactive, engaging and more easily perceivable. For instance, videos are great and simplify a lot of information when it comes to explaining tech stuff for amateur users.
- Try to relate to different levels of your customers’ knowledge by explaining things in simple words as well as in professional terms and jargon.
To make your life easier and implement these standards efficiently, you can apply the Freshdesk support portal themes. The structures of these themes vary depending on the purpose of your Freshdesk knowledge base section, such as How-Tos, Q&A, FAQs and List Articles.
Use keywords and tags
Optimize your articles with the relevant keywords and tags for search engines. This way, you will hit two goals at once—help your users navigate better in your Freshdesk knowledge base and provide resourceful information to others on your website or in search engines.
Interconnect Freshdesk articles
The better interconnection you create the more effective results you will achieve. Linking your articles to the relevant sections of your Freshdesk knowledge base will help you exceed customers’ expectations by answering new upcoming questions right away.
3. Improve content on your Freshdesk support center constantly
Activating comments to the articles on Freshdesk support center will help you gather immediate feedback from your customers about the effectiveness of the content. Also, it would be a great idea to come back to the same articles over a certain period of time and revise them if necessary.
Pay attention to the number of incoming queries and tickets on certain subjects. If you see a decrease in the number of tickets, then the Freshdesk knowledge base article is successful and works. It’s also good if your customer service staff use these articles to reply to the tickets. Also, if you notice any other questions arising around this subject, it might be worth updating the article.
A perfect foundation creates perfect or close to perfect results. The same works for knowledge base articles on Freshdesk support center. Treat your articles like the solid foundation of your success and produce more happy customers by the end of the day.